How to Turn Your Passion into a Career with Tessandra Chavez
In this episode, we are talking with 2x Emmy Award Winning choreographer Tessandra Chavez.
Chavez is known for her unique choreography style that fuses different dance styles together which creates a new form that is completely unique and inspiring.
Over the years, Tessandra has dedicated her life to the study and perfection of dance, beginning at the age of 5.
Currently, Tessandra is working on a show called Museum of Dance that allows spectators to watch professional dancers perform and then are given instruction to be able to dance in ways they never knew they could before.
She is an honest, inspiring, and endlessly driven individual with an incredible success story. We are so lucky to have been able to hear about her life and are honored to share this with our audience.
Highlights of Episode:
In this episode, Tessandra tell us what it takes to turn your passion into a career.
- Tessandra emphasizes the importance of mastering your craft
“Work so hard at your craft and being excellent at whatever you choose to do and the confidence will be so strong that you won’t have to compare yourself to others.”
Perfectionism is the death of progress. Realizing that progress is more important than perfect. If you focus on perfection, you are going to steal your own joy.”
- Tessandra talks about the importance of perseverance to reach a goal.
“Be patient, keep going, If you really believe in it, it will work. It just takes time. And also, remembering failures are our greatest teachers.”
In this episode, we talk about
- Tessandra’s unique family history and upbringing
- Her foundation of dance practice and study
- The journey to becoming a master of many different styles of dance
- The importance of perseverance and humility
- And what dancing means to her and the importance of giving back
Connect with Cielo on IG: instagram.com/cielojsolis
Host & Producer: Cielo
Producer: Hannah Frankel